- 10g Cocoa Powder
- 30g Simple Syrup (50% sugar/50% water)
- 140g milk (20g)
- ice cubes
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Add cocoa powder to a drink shaker.
- Heat simple syrup in the microwave until boiling.
- Pour syrup onto cocoa and mix well to bloom the oils in the cocoa powder.
- Add a splash of the milk and mix well until uniform.
- Add another splash and mix until into a chocolate syrup.
- Add remaining milk, ice cubes and salt if desired, shake vigorously.
- Strain into serving glass making sure to top it with the delicious foam that formed in the shaker.
This is my own recipe, one I experiment with it constantly for my daughter. It’s more work than chocolate syrup, milk and stir. It tastes much better in my opinion. The sweetness, chocolate quality and milk are all controlled to suit personal preferences. If you provide a service, and you’re not willing to go this far above and beyond the norm, you may need to question if you like what you do.
I like making things that make others feel happy. This does it, especially because she likes to shake the milk with me before we pour it into the glass. Can you create that for someone in your life, whether a family member, friend, or customer?